Spruce, Michigan

old stone churchA historic and beautiful spot in eastern Alcona County.  Spruce is located in Caledonia Township on the Northern border of Alcona County.

It began as a lumbering town in when Donald A. Hecox established a sawmill there in 1898 and became it’s first postmaster. Spruce is located five miles east of Hubbard Lake and today serves its tourist and resident population.

Pictured is the famous old stone church, one of several historic sites throught the county.